Thursday, November 09, 2006

DR. A IS IN LOVE WITH DR. Z

I have a new computer!! It is a Scorpio Raidmax. It has a see- through side panel with a swirl design and a circle with a blue light behind it. The front panel has a letter Z also with a blue light behind it. Well you all know blue is my favourite colour, especially blue irises!!!! It is black, as is the Logitech keyboard, mouse, speakers, cam, and mic. So, i have named it Dr. Z!

I need to have all my old document, etc transferred from my old computer and that will take some time. I am in the middle of writing a book of tanka. I am also writing a book of short stories called, Blue Irises. It is based on the men with blue irises in my life. I have given Hugh the first one to edit for me and i hope he will help me with the others. His many years of teaching and his study of haiku and tanka is so valuable. He reads in Japanese, and that also helps a great deal with haiku and tanka.

The latest review of my book, Vancouver Island Poetry was done by the Journal of the British Haiku Society, Blithe Spirit. It was a vey positive, but it was memtioned that there was some duplication. Yes, i know that and will revise the book for the next printing.

In March i wrote haiku for 50 paintings by a local artist and now we are in the process of printing greeting cards with her paintings on front and my haiku inside. They are at the printer this week. I proposed a table top book a few months ago, but i have not had the time to chase down a publisher, so i came up with the idea of greeting cards for now. More on this when the project is done. I am in contact with the Hawaiian artist Christian Riese Lassen to see if he might like to do a similiar project. His sister has a houseboat here and she likes my book very much. I have admired his art since i met him on Maui in 1992. He was doing a commission for Peter Townsend and he introduced us, but i had just had a love/ hate relationship with another man named Peter and i just walked away...i told him one more Peter in my life was one too many!

Well, back to my darlink Dr. Z

November morning --
tropical fish swim before me
sound of fans

In the dark room --
the glow of blue lights
your irises

On top of the computer --
carved blue tropical fish
your long fingers

Your voice clip
Kona coffee is on the way
should reach you
by your
Birthday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home