Saturday, October 14, 2006

GOING TO CHILLIWACK TODAY

Last night's Creative Magic began after a pleasant Mingling, Appies and Music.
There was Storytelling, Poetry, Musical Drama, a Novel in progress excerpt, Myth telling, a Personal essay. Vancouver has many talented creative people in the arts. It is always a pleasure to see these wonderful people do their craft.

Later today i take the ferry to Vancouver and Maya and her new man will meet me at the other end of the ferry in Vancouver. It will not be hard to spot the new cherry red convertible. I like the idea of arriving in a new place in the dark. It is such fun to wake up in a brand new place and see it first thing in the morning. I can still recall the magic of arriving in Waikki Beach in the dark and drawing the drapes to see my first look at the blue-green, palm trred beach and that blue-green ocean. It took my breathe away and i fell in love with the colour, the soft trade winds, the people, the music and ignored the the consumerism. I look forward to seeing the Fraser Valley and we will also go the wine country near by. The harvest is one of the best in years.

I have packed a wondrful basket of house-warming goodies for my hosts. One important item is a Bodum coffee maker and my special organic roast beens from Saltspring Island. Danish butter and German rye bread, which Maya so loves. Opa Walter called her to remind her that i need 5 small meals a day to avoid falling into a Diabetic coma. Maya has learned to cook from his cook and now knows North European dishes and Hungarian one alos. I will be well fed and often! It will be a week of catching up on the last 3 years, even though we have talked on the phone daily. We will do "girlie" things while her bf is out doing some sort of acid testing on the wine. They have not set up thier pc yet so i will not be able to chat with my MSN and Yahoo friends and i will miss that.

One in particular on his small Finnish island.

His eyes like Lake Pielinen
tall as hill Koli
hair like Heinakuu en heinankorjuun (hay making time)

Yes Kim, i will miss you, miss you...

What can i say about not hearing your singing to me first thing in the morning, even Mischi waits for your voice and runs to the room from wherever she is in the house to hear you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home